FERNO COMPACT 2 TRACK CHAIR
REMINDER / UPDATE
[All information can be found in the Ferno User Manual]
- Operators need strength, balance, co-ordination and common sense to safely use the chair
- Operators should have been trained in the operation of the chair
- Training records should be kept and annual refresher training is recommended
- Operators need to have read and understood the user manual instructions
- Untrained operators can cause injury or be injured.
- Permit only trained operators to operate the chair
- Improper use of the chair can cause injury.
- Use the chair only for the purpose described in the manual.
- An un-restrained patient can fall off the chair and be injured.
- Before use ALWAYS ensure the two safety rings are positioned over the hinges
- ALWAYS Use restraints to secure the patient to the chair
- There is an adjustable handle to enable correct posture for the operator
- The tracks can be attached for descending stairs
- Using the chair on stairs requires a minimum of two operators.
- Use additional help when needed.
- If available a third person should act as guide for the foot-end operator
- When using as a TRACKED chair the rear handle SHOULD be raised to the highest position
- Ensure the route down stairs is clear of obstructions
- It is NOT recommended to use the rear handle highest position when using as a carry chair
- The chair can be used as a carry chair to move patients up stairs.
- The tracks should be removed from the chair when moving a patient up stairs.
- Prior to folding the chair for stowage or using as a carry chair the tracks MUST be removed
- It is recommended NOT to carry the patient with the rear handle FULLY EXTENDED
- Do NOT exceed the safe working load of 200Kg / 32 stone
- Water under pressure or steam can penetrate joints, flush away lubricant, cause corrosion.
- Use caution when cleaning moving parts and hinges.
- Do not use abrasive materials to clean the chair
- Clean and disinfect the chair prior to lubricating
- Only lubricate parts that are indicated in the user manual
- Do NOT lubricate the track belts as it will result in a loss of friction.
IF IN DOUBT READ THE FERNO 2 TRACK CHAIR USER MANUAL
East of England Ambulance Unison 20106
Branch Health & Safety Officer
30 November 2015